The 2017 Texas Power and Energy Conference was successfully held on February 9-10, 2017, in College Station, Texas. With support from our faculty advisers and the hard work of the student organizing committee, the first ever TPEC was a great success, and generated excitement to continue this event in future years.
This year the conference brought together 106 attendees from both industry and academia to share their progress and thoughts on the lasted power and energy research. All the papers presented are archived through IEEEXplore.
Conference directors Adam Birchfield and Payman Dehghanian, as well as other committee members from Texas A&M IEEE PES-IAS-PELS student chapter organized this conference, with support from faculty advisers Thomas J. Overbye, Le Xie, and Robert Balog.
The keynote speakers of TPEC 2017 are:
- Cheryl Mele Sr. Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at ERCOT
- Dr. Robin Podmore President, IncSys Corporation and Co-founder of IEEE Smart Village
- Kenneth M. Mercado Sr. Vice President at CenterPoint Energy
- Dr. Mark Laufenberg CEO, PowerWorld Corporation
- Prof. Wei-Jen Lee Vice President, IEEE Industry Applications Society