The 2018 Texas Power and Energy Conference was successfully held on February 8-9, 2018, in College Station, Texas.
This year the conference brought together scholars and professionals from more than 17 countries to represent and discuss the lasted technological development and challenges in power and energy industry. All the papers presented are included in the conference proceedings published through IEEEXplore.
Conference directors Tamara Becejac and Ikponmwosa Idehen, as well as other committee members from Texas A&M IEEE PES-IAS-PELS student chapter organized this conference, under the guidance from faculty advisors, Dr. Thomas Overbye, Dr. Le Xie, Dr. Robert Balog and Dr. Katherine Davis.
The keynote speakers of TPEC 2018 are:
- Dr. James Weber, Director of Operations, Powerworld Corporations
- Prof. Prasad Enjeti, the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in the College of Engineering
- Mr. Gary Miller, the chief executive officer of Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU)
- Mr. Jay Caspary, Director, Research and Development and Special Studies, Southwest Power Pool
- Dr. D. Levett, Power Design and Application Engineer from Infineon Technologies